It is very difficult to keep your anger cool after a car accident, but this are the few basic things you should follow after a car accident for your benefit. It is one of the worst things you can ever experience. So, go through the steps which will make easier to file a car insurance claim.
1. Don’t try to escapeIf you are injured or even if you are not, but never try to flee away from an incident. Try to stay there and help the injured otherwise it will be considered as a criminal offense against you. It will be good to stay at that place till the cops arrive instead of being referred to as a hit and run driver.
2. Check the injuriesBefore taking a wrong decision first check the injuries. Some people due to the shock are unable to identify the minor or major injuries. So it is important to check yourself and also the person who has crashed for injuries.
3. Call the copsYou must call the cops whether it is a serious accident or minor one. The report of police plays an important role while filing an insurance claim. Don’t try to change the scene. Let the police come and try to handle this job.
4. Get off the roadIt is very important to get off the road after an accident instead of making news of it. Try to free the traffic and wait for the police to arrive. If you have gone through a minor accident try to move your car from a road, but in case of a major accident, it’s better to leave a car at the same place.
5. Consult your lawyer
It is very important to consult an attorney, if someone really got hurt in an accident. They know the legal procedure and can save you from the trouble. If the situation looks very serious, call your lawyer immediately.
6.  Keep all the accident related information with youDuring an insurance claim, you should have all the required information and documents with you. The information includes the names, addresses, phone numbers, vehicle registration numbers and other relevant information of the people involved in the crash.
7. Take pictures of damaged causedIt is very important to have images clicked of damage caused for filing an insurance claim. You don’t need to have a high quality camera to click the images, if you have mobile images they are sufficient. It cannot be possible to click the pictures at a same spot. In those cases, you can click the pictures later, but never miss the images of each and every damaged caused.
8. Talk to your insurance companyYou need to inform your insurance company about the accident and damage caused. Don’t try to make your own story and it’s better to tell a truth. If your lies caught by an insurance company, that will lead into a lot of trouble.
9. Get a damage evaluation doneAsk your insurance company to evaluate damages caused to your car. You can also opt to get an independent repair estimate as well. These quotations will help you to get better compensation.
We think this blog really helped you and will share it with your friends. If you are new in the market or want to renewal your insurance you can call +91-9209200071 or can simply mail your details at [email protected].